Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Time Travelers

When time stops, and the world keeps spinning who is there to stand by your side and catch you when you begin to fall? Who will be there to be a leaning post, a Kleenex, or a comforting embrace? I call those supporters in  life my time travelers. Why? Let me elaborate...


You know that feeling when you get terrible news, that numb feeling where the world feels like a blur and time  has seemed to stop? Then suddenly someone is there with a shoulder and a tissue and they bring you back..that is time travel. Traveling through the mind-numbing blur to reset your clock and bring you back. 


It's true, time travelers change throughout your life..there's your family, close friends that stay with you your whole life, maybe even co-workers...I remember my time travelers still very clearly upon receiving, and the days following receiving the news that my Grandpa had passed all those years ago. And yet some days it still feels like it could have been yesterday. 


We moved to Hawaii almost 2 years ago now. Making new friends, and creating a new family. Two days ago we received a call that Grandpa Ben had passed unexpectedly. Now, being a hospice nurse may make me more familiar with the ol' grim reaper, but it doesn't make him my friend. Hearing this news, hundreds of miles away from home was rough. However, I found that I had a time traveler in each and every one of my co-workers. Who knew I was so blessed.  I feel extremely  lucky to work with such great people. Thank you to all my co-workers out there, and to Hospice Hawaii! You have been pivotal in allowing me to travel home to be with family. Thanks for being my time travelers... 

No comments:

Post a Comment