Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Let me tell you a secret...




"Let me tell you a secret. About a Momma's love, a secret that my Momma said was just between us. See now Mommies don't just love their children every now and then..it's a love without ending, Amen." 



This was a song that my Momma and Daddy would sing to  me while rocking me to sleep before bed time. I never really thought about the words then, I just got excited about picking the family member that would come next. (You see you could switch out Momma for any and all..and I mean ALL relatives.. ;D )

However, tonight when I sang it to Ren while rocking him before bedtime it just hit me, like a ton of bricks. It's something you can't begin to describe, something you just have to experience. The feeling of your heart  filling up to the brim with love for one tiny being, when you thought it was already overflowing...One little human taking SO much from you but still managing to give you the world in return.

Ren has taught me so much about the world, and helped me to discover who I want to be in it. He's reminded me how to care for myself in order to care for others. I believe he truly did give me the world when I brought him into this one.

Now I know what my parents felt singing and rocking me to sleep all those years ago. Life is magical, and I have Ren to thank for the reminder. If only that childhood wonder wasn't buried by "adulthood" woes...

Life Goal #(who knows..lost count :) ) - Be more child-like. Don't worry, right now...everything is PERFECT. For I am loved, with a love without ending..Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment