Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wake Up Call

February 27, 2010 sirens alarm at 0600 & 0700. (I was not so happy about this, as I went to bed around 0200, however...it is a good thing) Scott and I decide to go inland to UH (stores all over Waikiki are either closed or have massive lines winding around the block, just to get in) So, inland we went, with our important papers...


We found an Internet cafe that served breakfast, YAY Coffee! We were both exhausted, and had to go sleep somewhere. I decided to call the house Hospice Hawaii uses for patient care up in Palolo. The nurse answers the phone, and I don't even ask if we can come up..When she hears its me she says come up. I love my job and the people I work with...it is the most amazing organization and works with the heart, manifested in the hands. I couldn't ask for a better work place.


We arrived at the house and spent time watching the news and attempting to sleep on the couch in the staff room. (I couldn't sleep, just toss-n-turn)We watched as Hilo Bay's(on the east coast of the big island) waters surged to and fro...waiting to see if disaster would hit...






Needless to say...the 'disaster' was avoided and the only changes seen were severe and rapid surge changes along the shore lines, no damage seen. Luckily..

However, on my way home from work I saw the most beautiful sky. Similar to the one pictured above. Brilliantly vibrant purple and blue clouds on a back drop of reds, pinks, and oranges. Beautiful...a calm after the 'storm' of a day I had. It reminded me that I am still lucky to live here, on this beautiful island and that I can make it through the challenges along the way. No matter what, there is always a beautiful sunset at the end of the day.

Much thanks and blessings to all of those who sent thoughts and prayers my way yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that the disaster never struck! I am afraid for the other islands out there that are expecting it...

    ReplyDelete