Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gandhi's right again...

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it-always."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi has always been one of my idols, someone I aspire to be like...but will probably fall short of. This man had immense amounts of patience and courage, and he never faltered in his stance of non-violence to change the injustices around him. I admire that, and look up to it.

Patience and courage...two qualities I'd like to think I possess. Frustrations bring out the worst in me. When I notice injustices they eat away at me because I don't know what to do, or how to go about changing them. It's frustrating and infuriating. I am not like Gandhi, I don't know how to stand up and fight for justice. I am the nurse, coming up behind a tyrant and nursing the wounds created by bad. That too takes patience and courage, but sometimes it doesn't feel like enough...

I just have to remember injustice is 'fought' when many paths join together. Nonviolence, the foundation supported by-patience, courage, faith, and unconditional love. No matter how small the injustice, the tyrant will fall. As they say "Karma is a b*&%h".

1 comment:

  1. So you never said what injustice you are fighting. Who made ya mad or hurt someone you love? Cuz I've been fighting injustice my whole life and I could give ya pointers but I need to know what you are aiming at!!

    ReplyDelete