Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Do it Anyway...

"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives:
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies:
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you:
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight:
Build it anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous:
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow:
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough:
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God:
It was never between you and them anyway."
-Mother Teresa

This poem by Mother Teresa has always inspired me, and pushed me to be a better person. As I reflect on my past week, I have decided to "re-oath" this as my life's motto. Now complete with a theme song (posted below, WONDERFUL Music Video) Of course I cried, but that is no surprise. :D

YouTube - Martina McBride - Anyway

My week was a learning experience. Cried a little, stressed a bit, learned a lot, but most importantly loved and enjoyed it all! From surfing to sea turtles to work to snuggles. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment