Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Counting my Blessings

This week has been absolutely wonderful! Started out with my family still being in town. That break from work was wonderful, and it was fantastic to see them again. Next, work. Work is just amazing! I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it...after an attempt at a shift by myself last Friday it was nice to work along side of a mentor on a nice day, just as a reminder on what I want out of nursing. (and how rewarding it is, when you are not stressing about patients, their pain, and an admission) I can't believe how lucky I am to have found such a job as a hospice nurse. It fits me like a glove and the people and company are everything I could hope for. Lastly, spending time with my baby. We went to the beach today, relaxed in the sun, and drank in each others' company. Now that I started working we don't get to do that as often. It was a perfect ending to the perfect week. (plus, tried out boogie boarding...killer waves this week...totally going surfing tomorrow..but boogie boarding was totally awesome!) I try out my first night shift tomorrow night..hopefully all goes well! Life is good...

1 comment:

  1. Loved the photo's from your parents visit!!! I am enormously jealous of your killer tan! (and six pack)

    I hope your night shift went well, for me, night shifts SUCK. But then again I am in a different field (At the moment) than you... so I guess comparing isn't really valid!

    Love you darlin!

    ReplyDelete