Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday...

Well folks, today marks the start of Lent. A time I usually spend reflecting on where I am in life and where I want to be. A Lenten devotional I have received is phrasing it as "Letting go and Holding On". I really like that topic, especially after the big move to Hawaii.

Since the move I find myself letting go of some doubts and fears and blossoming into a woman I can be proud of. I am letting go of being in control (for the most part) and learning to go with the flow. (Turns out its a much easier thing to do, as opposed to constantly fighting the currents).

Since the move I have also found myself holding on (and reaching out) to friends and family back on the mainland. Distance has taught me that time is precious, and I have loved catching up (and staying current) with friends both near and far. A goal is to continue doing this for the rest of my life. (I mean who doesn't like letters?!?)

So, 6 months after the big move (I know! It's already been 6 months, can't believe it) everything has fallen into place. Like a 10000 piece puzzle; extremely difficult at first but as the picture forms it gets easier and easier, until every piece has its place... Lent brings to mind the concept of letting go and holding on this year. That topic fits me perfect, can't wait to see what else life has in store.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, and a great outlook on life. Can't wait to see how your puzzle ends up and I'm proud of how you are putting it together so far. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree!!! I am kinda going the same route this year.

    ReplyDelete