Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jambo!

When I was 9 years old I saved my allowance for weeks to buy a little book called 'Teach Yourself: Swahili". Yes I realize that may qualify me as a grade A certifiable nerd, but I'm okay with that.

Well, needless to say I did not learn Swahili that year (or any year since then...) BUT that is all about to change! I got the new fancy-dancy Teach Yourself: Swahili for my birthday and this year it's Swahili or bust! Why you may ask?!?...

Picture me...HERE!




I'M GOING TO AFRICA!       






So, as you can tell I am a little excited to finally fulfill my childhood dream. Ever since I can remember I have wanted to go to Africa, and now I have an opportunity to go to Africa with a purpose! I am traveling with an organization called Africa is Life Changing (http://africaislifechanging.org/) to do a medical mission in a women's and children's health clinic in Kenya. I am so totally beyond excitement for this adventure, or shall I say Safari, of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment