Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Defy Gravity


Okay, so anyone who knows me knows I am unhealthily obsessed with a few things, besides friends and family of course!
 1) The Chicago Cubs 
 2) Harry Potter
 3) WICKED...
       And "Defy Gravity" is my all time favorite WICKED song, hands down!

       The other day I was playing with Ren, singing some songs and I started singing 'Defy Gravity', but this time the words took on a whole new meaning. Previously I always found this song to be a motivating factor to continue to stand up for what I believe in, but this time (forgive the cliche-ness) it reminded me of mommy-hood. 
       Its true! The second you become a mommy something 'changes within you' and you just gotta 'close your eyes and leap'. Mommy-hood (and Daddy-hood) is not for the faint of heart...let me tell you. The changes within you are difficult to accept at times, but necessary. But even through all this the difficulty melts away when  you get a smile, a laugh, or just some kick-ass cuddles. Knowing that you helped create this little one makes it all worthwhile, because in the end you love them and they love you...and that's all that matters. 
Kick-ass cuddles from my most adorable son








1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am fairly obsessed with Wicked as well. My favorites are Defying Gravity and For Good. Both songs' lyrics have changed in meaning as I listen to them in different circumstances. You are right about motherhood, though...not for the faint of heart. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete