Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Return to Pooh Corner...The Journey of a Lifetime


 On the evening of April 15th, 2011 I started the most transitional journey of my life thus far.


After a 26 hours of labor, on April 16th, 2011 at 9:50pm Ren Benjamin Goodier joined us in this world. 

Scott and I chose to do a home birth, so I labored and eventually gave birth at home without medication with the midwife and her assistant. Scott was my rock and was always by my side to help me through the labor process. But the most magical part was pushing..no REALLY! Ok, so it was also the hardest...but still. I lay on the bed with Scott sitting behind me, holding me..supporting me. In between contractions I would lean back against my hubby and I swear this veil would lift, pain would be gone and an overpowering peace just washed over. There really are no words to describe the experience...

8 weeks later my little man isn't so little anymore. Weighing in at 10 1/2 lbs at his one month doctor's visit. We have had ups and downs on this new parenting roller coaster, but its all worth the ride.

I can't wait to see whats waiting around the corner...  

No comments:

Post a Comment