Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Checks and Balances...

This precious little goober came into my life and everything changed. Being a Momma has been one of the biggest, best, and hardest adventures. I am loving it.

We have a painting in our house of a Momma holding her baby and the artist has titled it "A New Beginning". My baby has been a new beginning in my life. I lost freedoms, gained responsibility, and learned more about life, love and happiness than ever before.  I never knew I could love this much, be this content, or live life so fully as I now try to each day.

However, as this new beginning continues to bloom and grow I wonder about starting other new beginnings in my life, specifically my career. My ultimate goal is to get my Nurse Practitioner degree in Pediatric and Public Health (dual NP program at UH), and work in pediatric hospice. But the steps...the hows and whens are a completely different matter. When should I pursue these goals? How can I get there? Should I even be considering this now? Ren comes first no matter what, but when should I step up to the plate and pursue my goals and dreams...that is the question that has been on my mind lately...just don't know how to answer it...

1 comment:

  1. I always think a happy mom makes a better mom. Financially it makes sense to wait til Scott is done with school but then the world is out there waiting for you! You can succeed at anything you try!!

    ReplyDelete