Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Getting my Heart On..

Well, tomorrow I will be, once again, joining the throngs in the dance that is the ever changing vehicular choreography  known as the morning commute. After just over 3 months of maternity leave I will be returning to work, this time as a Momma.

I have mixed feelings about returning, but am optimistic that everything will work out. Although I don't look forward to missing out on my morning snuggles with Ren,  I have missed my job. I love my job. The "hands on" aspect of nursing provides only a foundation for the branch of nursing that houses that is the "heart on" care of Hospice work. It is that "heart on", that ability to connect with people on multiple levels, that draws me to hospice and what originally drew me to nursing.

So, tomorrow I will get my heart on...while my pieces of my heart stay home with my little man, I'm betting my heart is still big enough to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment