Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result" -Mahatma Gandhi

This morning I read an article. (Here is a link if anyone is interested http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_14181184?source=email#top ) It is a wonderfully written article, and is also one that hit close to home. What I find most inspiring, besides the author's strength and desire to turn his life around, is the impact of one police officer's compassion on his turn around. This one person who took time to talk with and council him so impacted his life that he could do what he has done to climb up to where he is now. This is the type of person I want to be.

Not only do I want to be the compassionate person who can do what Deputy Josie Fox did, be an everyday individual who can make a difference (no matter how small) by just reaching out a loving hand and a listening ear. I also want to be on the other end. I want to be the one who has the courage to do what needs to be done, regardless of the hurtles that loom up ahead. Russell you inspire me and I love you bunches.

Stories like these remind me that its worth it, and give me hope.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, I sent the link to Russell so he could see it.

    ReplyDelete