Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Inspirations from Avatar

Last night I saw Avatar in 3D. Spectacular! It was the first movie Scott and I had been to since moving to Hawaii, and it was amazing! The plot, special effects, characters...it was all just spectacular. I highly recommend it.


One of my favorite quotes is "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away" -Anonymous Avatar reminded me of this quote because when Jake first tries out his new digs he shows all the enthusiasm of an awestruck child. Children can see the world at the most basic level and enjoy it all. I don't want to go back to childhood, just back to being a child. This new year I am going to try and 'stop to smell the roses' and enjoy the paradise around me, even if my job gets stressful, or the apartment is messy, etc... There is beauty all around, I just have to remember to enjoy it instead of rushing past in my hustle to do 'the important stuff'.


One breath taking hike with my baby
Kuliou'ou Ridge Trail in Aina Hina, Oahu

No comments:

Post a Comment