Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mommy Moments...

I've discovered that pregnancy the next time around isn't as "easy"as it was when I was pregnant with Ren. There are some days I wonder if I'm doing right by Ren, if I'm doing right by the little one growing inside me, or if I'm just plain doing right as a Mommy. Doubts are always going to trickle in, I think it's just the nature of motherhood...and those doubts are blown out of the water when you have what I've come to think of as Mommy Moments. 

As I was laying in bed reading last month, as laying down is just about the only completely 'comfortable' position for me these days, Scott brought Ren in to say goodnight. When the door opened Ren said "Mommy!" with a huge smile and proceeded to warm my heart by snuggling down in bed with me, holding me as if I'd been gone all day, not just an hour. Then melted my heart completely by saying "baby" and pointing to my tummy, giving kisses to his little sister...Precious memories to add to my Mommy Moments box...

Another box worthy Mommy moment happened the other day while driving in the car. I was listening to a mix I had made and Dixie Chicks "I hope" came on. (If you haven't heard it, here is a link to the song, great song!) Ren was in his car seat and as I was singing along I reached back played with his foot a little. He then grabbed my hand and held it, almost as if to say 'I hope so too Mommy, but either way..you rock Mommy'. Cheesy I know, and maybe it was the pregnancy hormones, but I cried anyway...

Moments like these make me understand what it means to be a Mom, why women have travelled down this road called motherhood. It makes all the crying, whining, and tantrums worth it. I love being a Mommy and I wouldn't change a thing. I may not be perfect, but no one is, and all I know is that I love my little rascals with all my heart...and that's what counts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment