Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

The Day that will live in Infamy...

December 7, 1941...The day that will live in infamy...
World War Two has always fascinated me, called to me for some reason. I am, in general, a peaceful person and war is not my specialty..but for some reason WWII has always 'called' to me.

As December 7,2012 rolled around this morning it suddenly dawned on me...I live on Oahu, and could physically drive to Pearl Harbor today. The place where so many lost their lives, and where the event took place in history that brought the United States of America into World War II.

It is a perfect reminder on the beauty, and fragility, of life...
Mahatma Gandhi said "Live as though you will die tomorrow, Learn as though you will live forever." I think today I'll remember the countless lives lost in the numerous wars this world has seen, living in gratitude and learning...because I can.

Remember December 7th...remember to live <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">

1 comment: