Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Art of Extreme Self Care

" Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself."
- George Bernard Shaw




A few months ago a friend and co-worker lent me the audio book "The Art of Extreme Self Care" by Cheryl Richardson. It was during a time of my life when I felt lost and confused, not knowing which steps to take or which direction to go. When I listened to it then I found it helped bring me back to a kind of center, a more stable place to find my feet again.

Recently I have been listening to it again (and again, and again...I must confess). However, this time it's during a time of my life full of change, a time where I sense a blossoming plan for my life. It really has been a wonderful tool in guiding me on the discovery of a new life purpose. Learning to care for myself, on a new and deeper level has taught me many things...about life and myself. 

 Seasons change and plans do too, but as the new baby blooms inside me, and as my non-profit organization I've co-founded with the most wonderful people comes to life, I feel the winds of change will bring gentle, sweet, and wonderful things my way. They have so far...and the best is yet to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment