Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Words to live by...


Something clicked these past two weeks, and I am most definitely not complaining! I receive acupuncture treatments weekly, and all through this pregnancy my acupuncturist has been saying "Corrie, you carry 100 pounds, when you should be carrying 10".

 I had become so overwhelmed in the dealings and woes of day to day living I was forgetting to truly LIVE! My life's motto has always been "Be the change you wish to see in the world"(-Mahatma Gandhi). However, I had been keeping it on the back burner, always in my mind, but just waiting for that chance to truly be the change I wanted to see in the world. To make an impact, change the world!  Then I had this mini epiphany.  I had simply been using this phrase as an expression to wait for my purpose in life to come knocking on my door. I then realized that I needed to stop waiting for the chance to change my world, but to truly embody and BE the change I wished to see in the ever changing world around me.

 I have since determined that these three words are my words to live by:  Love simplicity and gratitude. In order to be the change I wish to see in the world I need to love deeply and unconditionally. Including myself as well as every one around me. Live simply, basking in the simplicity the joys of life have to offer even through the mists of hard times. In every dark forest there is a sun beam that reaches the floor. Finding those simple moments of joy is what living is all about. Gratitude, live each day in gratitude and thankfulness and you can never go wrong. When I look at all I have to be thankful for in my life, its hard to focus on the "things" I lack or the barriers to making greater change in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment