Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sweet Release


"Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it."
-Ann Landers

In my limited life experience there is little that has been more empowering than giving birth. But for me the hardest part of labor, is waiting for it...

I've always been a planner...I've been making lists ever since I learned how to write. So, the unknown of when baby G is blessing our family with her presence is an ongoing crick in my neck (and back, and ribs, and...lol...little pregnancy humor there). Everyone says, "Don't worry! They can't stay in there forever" Well, I know that as much as the next 9 month pregnant woman...but knowing that doesn't make it any easier to wait. <3 nbsp="" p="">

So the other morning I found myself at the beach, I sat on the rocks feeling the waves of the ocean at my feet and looking out into the great unknown that is the sea. I felt calm and connected, to myself, my baby, and the world. A peaceful experience that lead me to this goal of letting go...

Let go of my plans, and thoughts...trust in myself and my baby.  My goal for each day while waiting for baby to come is to listen with my heart, and turn down my thoughts...and Trust. 

Here goes nothing... 



No comments:

Post a Comment