Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Parenthood Is....

Well now I know I am still fairly new to this thing called  parenthood, but I have definitely learned a thing or two...

Parenthood is....
exhausting, overwhelming, frightening, frustrating, and did I mention overwhelming?  
You worry are you doing right by your child? Am I doing the right thing? What is this going to mean for my child later in life? The worries and fears go on and on...

But through the cloud of frustrations and worries the sun always shines through...for me the most recent ray that appeared came in the form of a toy phone...

One morning, after waking up, helping with breakfast, lunches, diapers, etc..I was running late,barely had time to get a spit bath in let alone a decent shower..I yank open my 'hair drawer' and boom it hits me. There it is, my son's toy phone, hanging out with my combs and brushes. The frustration left, and I just had to laugh.  

See, parenthood can be all of those things: exhausting, overwhelming, frightening, frustrating. But not always it IS however always rewarding, powering, loving, and did I mention rewarding? :) 
I love my son so much, he is a light in my life! He brings so many lessons, smiles, and laughs to my heart. And I would do anything for him. I am so excited to be starting this journey again with our new little one. Another light in my life...

Plus...who could get sick of this smile?!? 


No comments:

Post a Comment