Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mommyhood ain't for the faint of heart....




It's been said, "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new"
 - Rajneesh


Well it should also be said that just as the baby grows and learns, so does the mother. Becoming a mother is a learning experience that never ends...just when you think you might, maybe, may have it down..BAM! You realize...nope, sure don't! 

But guess what... THAT'S OKAY! 

This lesson is one I am still trying to wrap my mind around, its allusive for me. Society today gives everyone very little margin of error. Perfection is expected, but not achievable. No Body is Perfect.  It's not all society's fault either, my attitude needs a readjustment every now and again...and well..that's okay too. 

I am a working full-time new momma, trying to support my family while trying to learn the lessons of mommyhood. Its hard...no one really tells you how hard, and I think that's because it's something you need to learn on your own..instead they just say it's worth it... and it is! 

All the days where you don't get to shower or brush your teeth until way past due, all the sleepless nights of breast feeding, all the worries afloat in your mind...its all worth it when you get that smile, that laugh, that first attempt to crawl towards you. It's amazing how much love one little being can create...
This is what I'm learning, some days are good..some are bad...I'm not gonna lie..some days I think back to life before my Ren and reminisce(but I don't think that makes me a bad momma), I wouldn't change a thing...life is good..I may have dirty hair and some plaque on my teeth, but I wouldn't change a thing. Not when I get this smile to brighten my day...










No comments:

Post a Comment