Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Winter Whirlwind


I sit in the light of my tree and Christmas lights this Christmas Eve morning thinking back on the month's events. What a whirlwind! Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of the year, a very close second to Thanksgiving and Autumn, and I feel as though a part of the magic was lost, to no ones fault but mine own,  in the hustle and bustle of my focus on stresses and plans. I have not been the most patient woman, but this changes today. Today, tomorrow, and hopefully most days after I choose to find the sliver  lining around my clouds, because when I stop to look at the lining the clouds don't look so big after all...I have so much to be grateful for, and my blessings far outweigh any challenge or obstacle thrown my way. See!

My two mischievous elves enjoyed all the play time with
Aunties who came to help Scott while I worked.
 
My beautiful sister-in-law is expecting in February. 

And my other beautiful sister-in-law gave birth to a precious little girl! I am an Auntie everybody!!! 

As some of you know Scott broke his ankle on Thanksgiving and required surgery. This was quite a challenge during this time of year- particularly while I am 6 months pregnant, we have two (very active) toddlers, and planning a move...for as most of you don't know our little family will be relocating to Cheyenne, WY to be closer to my Grandma. A stressful time to be sure, and I have been worn thin working, and doing house duties. However, I have had enough of the poor me attitude and I now choose to be thankful for the overwhelming sense of gratitude for all my family does have- mostly the support and love of family and friends, which we never could have done without these past few weeks! How rich we truly are!

My hubby's bionic post surgery
ankle...
Getting pre-surgery snuggles by the tree
Ren provided cookies for Pops post surgery treat. 


Abby provided comic relief when the pain medication
didn't kick in right away...















This past month has been filled with a multitude of blessings to balance out the stresses...all I have to do is realize it...or as my pal Dumbledore says "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light".  Merry Christmas Eve to all my friends and family, may your light stay on-stay bright- all the year through....


No comments:

Post a Comment