Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mater at Heart

You know you have a two year old son when...
                     ...you can quote the entire Disney Pixar's Cars movie.

You know Disney Pixar's Cars is a good movie when...
                    ...you feel like watching it, even though your two year old son is at daycare.

Needless to say, I have watched Cars more times than I can count recently, but I don't mind one bit! Not only do I get the rare snuggle time with my always on the go son, it's an enjoyable movie chock full of little lessons...at least for me
One of my favorite quotes (and I know a lot..) is when Sally says "Cars didn't drive on the road to make good time, they drove on it to have a good time" (or something similar). I thought this was an excellent metaphor for my life. I need to remember in all the hustle and bustle of life to stop, and take time to enjoy the ride..or there is so much I am going to miss.
But the one I learn the most from is .... Good 'Ol Mater!!



I want to be like Mater, at least in outlook on life...not in intelligence. He is always so positive and friendly. Always willing to come to the rescue, wether it be by tow or to listen, by excitement or to offer advice. He is by far my favorite part of the movie (besides the snuggles I mentioned before :-D)

Good Work Disney, you made a good one in Cars... I'm a fan!



No comments:

Post a Comment